Wednesday 30 May 2012

Having one of them Nostalgic days..

Just listening to music that was my favourite music 3 or 4 years ago. Slipknot were my favourite band.. i remember me and my mate Staley sitting watching their live dvd Voliminal sat in my room just moshing to (sic) and eyeless.. they have some amazing songs haha. Listened to all my favourites today.. remember when i bought the 4th album and being so happy that it was better than the shit third one. Also remembered the day I found out Paul Gray was dead :( someone posted RIP Paul Gray and i was just praying it was a different person.. unfortunately not :/ RIP Paul Dedrick Gray.

I also remember when I went to see them on 9th December 2008 I think it was. Support from Children of Bodom (who weren't great) and MACHINE HEAD. They were amazing.. they played the songs I knew anyway hehe. Phil Demmel passed out during his guitar solo in aesthetics of hate though, so they never played Davidian. Anyway, all I remember is they put on an amazing show, and although it isn't my thing now, I would still go see them if they played the UK - they are amazing. I'm glad they havent completely replaced Paul aswell - having their ex guitarist play backstage while having an onstage tribute to Paul is good. I'm glad I got to see them when Paul was still alive.




Got this on now - amazing song :). Although not my favourite.. my top 10 slipknot songs in no particular order are:

1) Surfacing
2) Sic
3) Liberate
4) Me Inside
5) Disasterpiece
6) People = Shit
7) Left Behind
8) The Blister Exists (the only song I like from the third album)
9) Gematria (The Killing Name)
10) Sulfur

Amazing songs!! Anyway thats enough rambling about Slipknot. I'll leave you with a video from their headlining Sonisphere appearance - dedicated to Paul Gray. They looked amazing at this gig - some of them had their old school 1st album masks on, and the Red (or maybe the orange) boiler suits were the best.

RIP #2.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think to this post?